Candidate Sharon Hightower: Adopt one of my kittens!

When I walked into Sharon Hightower's home near Lee Street in East Greensboro, I didn't expect to be ambushed by a pile of adorable kittens. Hightower, who is running for Greensboro City Council's District 1 seat (against incumbent Dianne Bellamy-Small and challenger Tigress McDaniel), has five kittens that need good homes. Three of them are white while two (in the picture below) are grey and white. They're about five weeks old and watching them play together was almost too much for me to handle. 

We spent the first several minutes or so talking about the kittens, while Hightower looked for the fifth one that didn't appear until later after presumably taking a nap. 

Call Sharon Hightower at 336-508-5246 if you're interested in (and capable of) adopting one or some of these fur balls. Coincidentally on my way to our office immediately after, I saw a sign that the Guilford County Animal Shelter urgently needs foster families for some of the animals there, and when I called to ask they said it's mostly kittens. Call them at 336-297-5020.


Speaking of kittens, our annual pets issue is out today! Pick up a copy or read it online at www.yesweekly.com!

No comments: