Tehran(oceros) Times

While researching an editorial the other day, and also because I hate America, I was reading the online entity of the *Tehran Times*. It's incredible.

Today's lead story, for example, bears the hed: " Iran has become an extra-regional power" and begins with the lede, "The United States must acknowledge that Iran is a powerful state, Major General Yahya Rahim Safavi said here on Sunday." This Yahya Rahim Safavi is "the top advisor to Supreme Leader on military affairs" and figues heavily as a source in many of the paper's articles.

But the piece that caught my eye was under the hed, "Script for Bush’s mangled words"
It began thusly:

"There is nothing mysterious about George Bush when he comes to the annual General Assembly of the United Nations. He comes, he excoriates countries he doesn’t care for and he leaves. Everyone knows the routine and while some other world leaders may spit his name, they sure know how to pronounce it."

I'm reading it and I'm thinking, Where have I seen this kind of writing before?

No comments: