D4 and D3 campaign finance update

Joel Landau, a candidate for Greensboro City Council in District 4, has raised $3,055 since Jan. 1, and holds $3,487 in cash on hand, according to a campaign finance report filed on Sept. 10. Mary Rakestraw, who currently holds an at-large seat and his Landau's most formidable opponent, reports raising $1,665 and has $2,996 in cash on hand for roughly the same period. Mike Martin and Joseph Rahenkamp, who are also candidates in the District 4 race, have filed no campaign finance reports.

District 3 candidate Jay Ovittore reports having raised $1,075, with $824 in cash on hand as of Aug. 24. Ovittore is receiving support from people active across the state in the Democratic Party, including former US Senate candidate Jim Neal and NC Rep. Grier Martin. Ovittore remains significantly behind the other two District 3 candidates, Zack Matheny and George Hartzman, who have respectively raised $7,900 and $2,850.


7 comments:

Roch101 said...

Thanks for the update.

Triadwatch said...

check out the 35 day amended report on mary rakestraw. Why is frank rakestraw making a loan when it should have been Mary making the loan

Jordan Green said...

I did glance at it. I'm not sure if I understand what you're getting at, Keith. Is there anything inappropriate about Frank Rakestraw making a loan to the campaign, as opposed to Mary Rakestraw?

Roch101 said...

I don't get it either. I haven't looked at the report, so maybe I am missing something, but a loan from Mr. Rakestraw doesn't sound like a problem.

Jay Ovittore said...

The Board of Elections has not posted my pre-primary report on line yet, but it will show that I have raised $3010 so far and my cash on hand is $1771.04. Might I add that besides my initial $100 to seed my campaign, I have given myself any other money, it has all been raised through individual contributors (mostly small donations from regular folks).

Hartzman loaned himself $2000, which means he has only raised a few hundred dollars in this race.

Just wanted to state my case, as it appears from your post that I am not raising money, when I indeed am.

Jordan Green said...

Thanks, Jay. I appreciate the clarification.

Triadwatch said...

if you look at the amended return it seems like it was missed back in 2007 and now they are amending 2007 returns on september 16, 2009. Sorry meant to say that this was the odd part of this.

Now we have the mayor amending her 2007 returns and now mary rakestraw in 2009. How many more could we get to amend?