Searching for Hal Sieber

I've been searching in vain for my friend, Hal Sieber, today. We set out to complete 12 installments in a series of articles about his life. We made it to nine before his health problems put the project on hold.

Forward: Explaining an experiment with serialized biography
Chapter 1: A poet’s question: Is God done with man? Part I
Chapter 2: Hal Sieber’s report for the Library of Congress helped free poet Ezra Pound
Chapter 3: A poet’s question: Is God done with man? Part II
Chapter 4: A friendship prompted more than four decades of work on sit-in commemorations
Chapter 5: Hal Sieber’s public relations battle for school integration
Chapter 6: Hal Sieber: Peacemaker, man of letters and political mover
Chapter 7: A decade as consultant for a low-income homebuilder with a controversial legacy
Chapter 8: A lifetime commitment to peace and justice is confirmed
Chapter 9: A Greensboro civil rights veteran displays feisty take on notable anniversary
Epilogue: Hal Sieber came back from the dead on Saturday

I miss him terribly. If anyone has any information about his whereabouts and condition, I would be grateful to receive it.

UPDATE: I'm happy to report that Hal's caregiver has contacted me. She called this morning and put him on the phone. Hal is in a rehabilitation center in Greensboro. When I talked to him he was in good spirits and very engaged, although he said his heart rate is too high. I've contacted some close friends who were also wondering where he was and how he was doing.


No comments: