A special visit from Julie Wilson

Hot Rawks co-inventor Julie Wilson


I always seem to find myself at a figurative intersection. Going one way is narrow road of sheer opportunity, a road neither easily found nor easily traversed. The other is timing. The juncture can only be approached when the two meet and even then it takes either a skilled individual or a oblivious goof to tightrope right into the middle of it and watch as a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity unfolds. I was the latter but still a participant, nonetheless, of this special occurrence.

Wednesdays are relatively chilled in the YES! Weekly office. The paper is printed and distributed as the staff either takes a moment to breathe or dive right into their next assignment. I stumbled into work today only to be left alone as everyone else took to their respective errands and such.

About 10 minutes after Brian Clarey implores me to "hold down the fort" and exits stage left, I hear someone coming in the front door. I pause for a moment thinking that it may be one of the staff members dropping in because they left some important item on their desk. I continue typing away and the footsteps stop.

A very soft and feminine "Hello?" triggers me to jump out of my seat to see if I can give the stranger some assistance. I turn the corner of my work station to catch eyes with a gorgeous brunette. She's short, compared to my 6'3'' frame, and fit. A royal blue sun dress is hugging her body in all of the right places without being salacious. A good portion of her legs are exposed while the rest are covered in brown leather cowgirl boots, the kind that say "diva" rather than "rodeo assistant." Her fragrance sucked the air out of the office as my lungs filled with not perfume, but bottled lust.

The young woman is none other than last week's cover girl, Julie Wilson. She stopped by to drop off a box of her libido-enhancing Hot Rawks. I couldn't think of her name right away but I knew exactly who she was. In a move made for a Three Stooges sketch, I quickly picked up last week's issue and exclaimed, "This is you!"

"Uh, right," Wilson said.

We entertained a brief conversation before she departed. Because of my upbringing and chivalrous demeanor, I watched her walk all the way to her vehicle. It just seemed like the right thing to do.

Needless to say, I have a newfound love for my internship.

Julie, if you're reading this, feel free to stop by the YES! Weekly office at any time. You are always welcome here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Julie has that effect on everyone she meets everywhere she goes. She is truly a lovely person and is friendly to all.

Jim Rumley