GFD: Use of magnet to transfer powdered metals preceded DH Griffin fire

The Greensboro Fire Department has concluded its investigation of the fire that occurred at the DH Griffin demolition facility in southwest Greensboro last Friday, in which shredded appliances caught fire and sent a plume of smoke hundreds of feet into the air.

From a press release:
The Greensboro Fire Department, with assistance from the DH Griffin staff, has concluded its investigation into the fire that occurred last Friday. Based on details gathered from DH Griffin employees, moments before the fire was reported, a heavy machinery operator was suing an energized magnet to transfer powdered metals to the pile that became involved in the fire. During this process, a flash fire involving the powdered metal occurred, subsequently igniting other materials. It is believed that either static electricity or an electrical  spark was the ignition source. Due to the magnitude of the fire and the resulting process of extinguishment, an exact ignition source cannot be determined.
Previously.

5 comments:

تريكا said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
تريكا said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
تريكا said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
تريكا said...

Umzug
Räumung
Wohnungsräumung
Entrümpelung
Entrümpelung Wien
Umzug wien

تريكا said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.