Another 48 hours

Good friends and regular readers of my column know that this summer I was involved in the Greensboro 48-Hour Film Project as a writer for one of the teams. What they might not know is that my team won.

You didn't read about it in any local publications, and in an uncharacteristic fit of modesty I didn't write anything about our First Place prize for the short film, "JoBeth." It just didn't seem right — though that didn't stop this guy.
Anyway, my team and I will be at it again this weekend as we create another short. And this time if we win, I'm told we will be presenting it in Cannes for some little festival they hold there.
Sweet, huh?
We're totally pumped. And if you see me running around this weekend, don't give me any liquor. Because it muddles the creative spirit. And I wanna go to France. Drink wine and shit.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you and the Keene Team in your filmmaking endeavors.

BTW- hope you can join us Monday for the Joelburger Special at Fincastles.

Details at http://www.thejoelburger.blogspot.com/

Best Wishes

Joel

Joe Scott said...

Congrats Dude.

I might not have written a 48hfp article this year, but I did invite Dusty onto "The Movie Show" to take a bow and find out what's next for Keen Collaboration. Great guest - lots of fun.

Short films are hard to write. Even harder when they have to be serious dramas. And despite the brick-chucking at the very beginning (which apparently you had nothing to do with), you did a great job of creating an understated drama that left many of it's questions to be answered by silent gestures and unspoken words. Belated good luck on your next short.

-Joe Scott

Brian Clarey said...

Thanks, Joe.
But the brick may have been my idea.

Joe Scott said...

Well again, in 6-7 minutes, drama is very hard to do. Moreso than comedy, action, or even horror. That you pulled any of it off without getting all 'Lifetime Movie' on the audience deserves major kudos.