A deafening silence

Why is everyone being so quiet about this?
I don't have any problems, personally, with Mr. Stench, and I don't profess to know him very well (although he has requested on at least one occasion that I, too, leave town). But the armchair shrink in me thinks it was inspired by this.
I also think it has something to do with this.
It happens every year as ConvergeSouth approaches -- it's like the anxiety that floods high schools in the weeks leading up to prom.
But what I want to know is what he had planned for this. Because my office is practically next door, and this place is crawling with cops and people with clipboards. He probably wouldn't be able to smuggle in a firecracker.
But a good lesson for new media: Sometimes the old rules still apply. (Scroll down to § 14‑196.3)


Type rest of the post here

6 comments:

Fec said...

You're partially right. Bringing Microsoft to town got my goat. I also needed something to get my ad net off the ground. Thank's for playing along.

BTW, you can stay.

Brian Clarey said...

Fec!
If this was a PR stunt, then I'm mightily impressed -- if you don't draw the attention of the cops, then you're not doing it right.
And I do enjoy your writing... got kind of this Ignatius Reilly thing going on.
Thanks for letting me stick around... I'd hate to have to sell my house in this market.

Fec said...

That's not entirely true, either. It was a fugue state brought on by my new disenchantment with Barack on top of my old disenchantment with McStupid.

It was bitter disappointment at how Sue runs ConvergeSouth.

I transferred all my hurt into that busload of do-gooders and let things take their course.

I knew I was walking the line. I didn't mean to step over. It was a mistake. I'll try very hard not to do it again.

People have a right to their personal safety.

Fec said...

To answer your question about silence: People are concerned about me and tired of these ridiculous come to Jesus things. The rest are hoping I get what I richly deserve and will go away, forever.

Brian Clarey said...

I think you keep things interesting. Also that you're a bit off, but not necessarily in a bad or dangerous way.

Fec said...

I certainly understand that a precedent exists locally to be wary of us. Direct Action is really a path of last resort for change.