Officer Pryor: Allegation about forged signature resulted in retaliatory investigation

Complaint filed by Greensboro police Officer Joseph Pryor: "On May 10, 2010, Captain [Charles] Cherry sent me an e-mail and copied Captain [Therron] Phipps. The e-mail was confirming that Captain Phipps was investigating the professional standards division as it relates to an allegation of a forged, copied, scanned or otherwise improperly placing of my signature on a notification of an official investigation. On July 6, 2010, Captain Phipps sent me an e-mail which stated in italics: "Officer Pryor, the investigation I was asked to conduct was specific to your allegation regarding the signature. I determined your allegation, if true, would possibly be a violation of Directive 1.5.7, Interference with Due Process."...

"On July 9, 2010, Lieutenant GM Richey summoned me to his office at the Maple Street substation. Lieutenant Richey informed me that he was conducting a truthfulness investigation in reference to an alleged scanned, forged or improperly altered notification of investigation relating to the Terrance Lipscomb investigation."

Pryor was suspended without pay and recommended for termination last week.

No comments: