Harrison and Jeffus forced into competition

Guilford Redistrincting Zoomed Out

Guilford Redistricting Zoomed In

Courtesy of NC Rep. Pricey Harrison (D-Guilford)

Background here.

UPDATE:

Harrison:

I don't know enough about the Voting Rights Act to know if the DOJ will reject the maps. It does appear that the proposed districts reflect an effort to pack African-American precincts into strong Dem performing districts, with the potential result being 3 Dem districts and 3 Republican districts.

I don't know if Maggie and I were drawn together to purposely force us into a primary. I think Maggie and I need to talk about the potential of a primary. I am fairly certain neither of us has the appetite to take each other on in a primary but both want to serve Guilford County in the state House. Were I to run, I would continue my practice of meeting the voters in an aggressive door-to-door campaign with the help of campaign literature and possible media ads. The district seems to be just at the 50 percent minority majority level, so I think it is a toss up whether a black or white candidate can win.



No comments: