Coley says he played no role in creating Alston's redistricting map

Jason Coley says he is not one of the anonymous "advisors" cited by Democratic county commission Chairman Skip Alston as having helped him create a redistricting plan that features bizarrely drawn districts.

Coley, via Facebook:

Regarding the map, I was not one of the dozen (as quoted in the N&R) advisors. I have not been contacted by Skip Alston, and the first viewing I had of the map was when it was online. I noticed the same type of wrap around High Point on the legislative maps as well. I would assume that the same people are using the same mapping software.


I have also left messages for Alston and for Bill Burckley, a political consultant with experience creating redistricting maps, seeking clarity on this map. Neither have returned my calls.


2 comments:

Triadwatch said...

thanks for this so the son is a no but how about the dad?

is the original post still on fb?

Jordan Green said...

I don't know about Tom Coley, and frankly, I didn't ask.

Jason Coley's statement is from a private message, so you won't find it on Facebook.