Statement from City Attorney and $750,000

 City of Greensboro Attorney Mujeeb Shah-Khan has released the following statement in response to media inquiries regarding the City’s process in developing the agreement with the International Civil Rights Center and Museum and $750,000 installment payment on the $1.5 million loan.


“In my role as City Attorney, I provided counsel regarding the legal aspects of the issuance of the first payment to the International Civil Rights Center and Museum. I advised the former City Manager that the Museum had met the terms approved by City Council during its September 3, 2013, meeting and that the City was legally permitted to provide the payment. In this capacity, I was fulfilling my role of providing legal guidance to the former City Manager.”

No comments: