Motorists can expect changes in traffic patterns and some street closures around the Coliseum area March 12-16 as Greensboro hosts the Atlantic Coast Conference.
Greensboro police and Coliseum staff will adjust patterns for an orderly and efficient flow of traffic in areas surrounding the event, and to protect pedestrians.
To facilitate inbound traffic:
- Three northbound lanes of Coliseum Blvd. from north of Freeman Mill Rd/US 220 to the Coliseum will be dedicated to inbound event traffic
- Vehicles southbound on Coliseum Blvd. at Ellington St. will be directed east onto Marion St.
- During heavy traffic volume, no through traffic will be allowed past Hardie St. to
Coliseum Blvd; and, left turns will be prohibited from southbound High Point Rd. onto Patterson St. Detour signs will be posted.
To facilitate outbound traffic:
- Traffic on both lanes of Ellington St. will be directed southbound onto Coliseum Blvd. and High Point Rd. No turns will be allowed onto Ellington St, or from Ellington St. on to High Point Rd.
- All eastbound traffic on Ellington St. will be directed south on Hardie St.
- No left turns from Patterson St. onto High Point Rd. All traffic will be directed west on Patterson St.
Drivers should be alert to changing traffic patterns, and yield to pedestrians.
Motorists are reminded that an officer’s hand and arm signals when directing traffic take precedence over traffic control devices such as signals and stop signs.
Submitted by Susan C. Danielsen
Public Information Officer