"The High Point Arts Council's board approved 16 Community Arts Project Grants totaling $12,110 this year for arts projects that benefit members of our community.
Today board member, Katherine Lyon, presented four of these grants to the YWCA. "It was nice not only to hand over the checks that will go to great programs, but to meet the individuals involved in developing and implementing them," commented Katherine. Ms. Lyon is the chair of the Arts Council's Community Outreach Committee that reviews and recommends projects for funding.
This year's Community Arts Projects grant recipients are:
· Southwest Renewal Foundation of HP, Inc. - HP Core city Public Art Pilot Project
· LIFESPAN, Inc. - Clay Blooming
· High Point Community Chorus - 17th Annual Concert
· Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center - Art for All
· Roy B. Culler, Jr. Senior Center - Golden Stars
· West End Ministries - A Day of Dance and Music
· Triad Pride Men's Chorus - Naughty & Nice Winter Concert
· Low Income Housing Opportunities, Inc. - Community Development Through the Artz
· Communities in Schools of HP, Inc. - The Poetry Project
· Theatre Art Galleries - TAG Minority Visiting Artist Program
· Theatre Art Galleries - Art en Espanol
· Young Women's Christian Association of HP (YWCA-HP) - Ten Thousand Words: Storytelling through Photography
· Young Women's Christian Association of HP (YWCA-HP) - Hispanic Folk Dance
· Young Women's Christian Association of HP (YWCA-HP) - Pottery Exploration for Youth
· Young Women's Christian Association of HP (YWCA-HP) - Diversity Drama Training
· Southwest Renewal Foundation of HP, Inc. - Ride the Point
These projects are made possible through grassroots funding from the North Carolina Arts Council, Guilford County, and the City of High Point."
- A Press Release