"Greensboro Farmers Curb Market, 501 Yanceyville St, is the place to join all your peeps and shop for your Easter Celebration needs, Saturday April 4, 7 am – 12 noon.
The market will be full of fresh spring vegetables for your Easter dinner and plenty of seasonal items including lamb, ham, farm fresh eggs, wrapped candies and cookies, desserts, cards and flowers that are perfect for filling an Easter basket, a hostess gift, or table top décor.
Throughout the day children 12 and under can participate in an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt across the market. Prizes are awarded at the Manager’s table.
Here is a sample of fresh products and vendor location by rows:
· Lamb from these local farmer Stoney Mountain Farm (D) and Weatherhand Farm (E)
· Pasture raised and nitrate free ham by Meadows Family Farm (H)
· Fruits and vegetables include strawberries by Smith Greenhouses (A), micro greens, spinach, chard from Mindenhill Farm (A), lettuce from Flora Ridge Farm (G)
· Homemade desserts by Babycake Sweets hand decorated sugar cookies (D), Paola Rowe of Autentica Pasticceria Italiana (C), Faye’s Cake’s specialty pound cakes (B), Augustino Gusto with an assortment of sweet and savory treats (F), Cheesecakes by Alex’s Italian Cheese Pie and Casatiello, an Italian Easter Bread made with citron (H)
· Handcrafted Easter candy made by Sweet Morning Farm, Gethsemane Garden (C), and Feebert’s Gluten Free Bakery (D)
· Easter flowers and plants that include hyacinth, lilies, and tulips from Mindenhill Farm (A), Hillcrest Farm (E), Shirley & Mom (D), and Gethsemanes Gardens (B)
· Easter cards by Rebecca's Captivation and Yanno Press (D) homemade paper
· Easter basket stuffers and table décor from Byrley Gardens(B) and Dream with Me (E)
· Dress up your festivities with newly designed spring jewelry selections by Taftori (C)
· Farm fresh eggs from Ward’s Farm Fresh Eggs (A), Massey Creek Farm (F), Woody’s Eggs (F), Birch Fork Farm (D), or Meadow’s Family Farm (H) for deviled egg platters and for decorating.
Throughout the day children 12 and under can participate in an Easter Egg Scavenger Hunt to win a free chocolate treat. Prizes are awarded at the Manager’s table.
Greensboro Farmers Curb Market operates year round on Saturdays from 7 am to noon and Wednesdays (April 22 – Dec. 30) 8 am to 1 pm.
About the Market
Greensboro Farmers Market, Inc. (GFM) operates Greensboro Farmers Curb Market on behalf of the City of Greensboro. GFM is a “501c3” nonprofit.
GFM provides greater Greensboro with opportunities to purchase and learn about local foods in a friendly and diverse social setting. GFM encourages and supports the growth of local foods and artisan goods businesses to improve Greater Greensboro’s economy, support better health through healthy eating and build social and community connections."
- A Press Release