Historic West End ARTSfest has announced the cover artist for this year’s 7th biennial juried fine art and fine craft festival

"The Historic West End ARTSfest has announced the cover artist for this year’s 7th biennial juried fine art and fine craft festival. 


Congratulations to Diana Caldwell! Her work, “Bookish” will grace this year’s tee shirt and all promotional materials. 

 From Diane: “My work is an eclectic collection of original digital, photo/illustration, fine art prints and papergoods inspired by the rural North Carolina farm where I live, work and play. As an artist using modern-day tools, I create images removed from reality- some by just a little, and some more completely. My prints are original pieces of art created digitally, not reproductions of another form of art. Through  image/photo manipulations I combine multiple layers of altered original photographs, illustrations and illustrative techniques and textures- part photography, part collage and part illustration. 

The resulting images range from primarily photographic to largely illustrative, richly textured explorations of color and light. My images are influenced by my fine arts background, my long career in advertising and graphic design as well as my rural surroundings. I celebrate the beauty found in the flowers, birds and animals that that exist in my immediate world. I also produce papergoods, offering a wide assortment of designs in spiral-bound notebooks and notecards. Though my current tools are primarily digital, my subject matter and techniques are continually evolving and changing. I find inspiration and new ideas to explore every day in the world around me and never know where it will take me next.”- Diana Caldwell 

The first deadline for entries was June 1st. The Cover Award was chosen from this group. 

The final deadline for all artists is July 1st, 2015. Artists may apply directly through our Artist Info page on our website. All additional information is provided on our website and you may e-mail us with any questions at ws.artsfest@gmail. 

ARTSfest is also currently accepting qualified media and corporate sponsors. Some of our past media sponsors include Our State Magazine, NC Signature Magazine, WS Journal, 88.5 WFDD, Go Triad and a multitude of others. 

Come and enjoy art among the artistry of nature! Come and experience ARTSfest! 
Website: www.artsfestws.com 
Sponsor Info: http://www.artsfestws.com/index.php/sponsors 
Artist Info: http://www.artsfestws.com/index.php/artinfo 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Historic-West-End-ARTSfest/113474828744062 
Twitter: https://twitter.com/westendartsfest "

- A Press Release

No comments: