Political roughhousing at the Conservatives for Guilford County picnic


John Blust shows fellow Republican state House candidate Jon Hardister what a political butt-whuppin' is all about at the Conservatives for Guilford County Take America Back Picnic yesterday.

Burying the hatchet...

Actually, Blust and Hardister were reenacting the Govenor Spencer-Nathan Tabor affray a couple weeks ago to allow Blust to make the point that if a white man attacked someone at a Democratic Party gathering the liberal media would have been all over it.

I'll have more serious coverage in the form of photos, quoted speeches, reporting and analysis on the blog this weekend and in print on Wednesday.

ADDENDUM: During his stump speech, Blust joked, "I don't know if I'm at the right rally, having read the media accounts over the last year [of] Tea Partiers. So far I have not witnessed a single act of violence yet. I haven't heard a single racial epithet. I haven't seen any threats made at all, so I wonder if I'm at the right place."

No comments: