ATTENTION NORTH CAROLINA ARTISTS
Greenhill and the U.S. Figure Skating Championships are looking for an original artwork portraying the spirit, athleticism and grace of figure skating for the official poster of the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships taking place at the Greensboro Coliseum from January 18-25, 2015. The winning artist will receive $3000 for reproduction of their work on the poster as well as royalties from sales during the Championships. Second and third place entries will receive $750 and $500 respectively. A People's Choice award of $750 voted by the public will also be awarded.
Entries are due by September 30, 2014
Rules for Submission:
1. Eligibility: The competition is open to current residents of North Carolina (temporary or permanent) or out-of-state residents who have earned a degree from a North Carolina college or university.
2. Artworks must be 2-d. All media (painting, drawing, printmaking, collage, fiber art) are accepted. Photography is excluded. Do not include typography or illustrated text in your artwork.
3. All submissions must be an original design by the entrant, not an adaptation of another artist's design, and conceived for reproduction as a 40 x 30 inch poster.
4. Artists may submit up to two entries in the form of jpeg digital images. There is a $10 fee per entry. Submit online at: www.greenhill.slideroom.com
Please address any questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. All submissions must be received by September 30, 2014.
6. Entrants must agree if they are selected as one of the 40 semi-finalists, to exhibit their work at the Coliseum from January 18-25, 2015 and prepare their work for display.
7. Semi-finalists will be notified by October 15, 2014.
8. Drop-off of semi-finalists' work at the Orientation Room, Greensboro Cultural Center, 200 North Davie Street, Greensboro, NC 27401 for juried review: December 11, 2014.
9. Notification of winning design and 2nd and 3rd place entries: December 15, 2014.
10. Awards conferred during a ceremony at the Greensboro Coliseum on January 16 or 17, 2015 (to be announced).
11. Works picked up at Greenhill, 200 North Davie Street, Greensboro, NC 27401 on January 28 and January 29, 2015.
12. The winning artists give Greenhill and the U.S. Figure Skating Championships the right to use their artwork, or part thereof, in any publication, advertising, or promotional materials.
For more information on the 2015 U.S. Figure Skating Championships, please visit the website at www.northcarolina2015.com.