"During the month of December 2014, a joint agency investigation involving the Winston-Salem Police Department, Mount Airy Police Department, Kernersville Police Department and North Carolina DMV was conducted into several auto thefts and auto part thefts at the listed car dealerships. The investigation revealed vehicles, as well as numerous vehicle tires, were being stolen from surrounding auto dealerships.
As a result of the investigation, on Jan. 5, Herbert Stanback, 58, M/B, of 2614 Marble Street Winston-Salem, NC 27107 was arrested and charged with 4 counts of Possession of Stolen Vehicle, Possession of Stolen Goods, Breaking and Entering, Possession of Burglary Tools and Larceny after Breaking and Entering/ No bond allowed.
He was placed in the Forsyth County Detention center with no bond allowed.
Listed below are the stolen vehicles as well as the stolen property recovered up to this point in the investigation:
1. 2015 Honda Pilot stolen from Hendrick Honda (valued at $31,000.00)
2. 2009 Acura TL stolen from Vestal Buick (valued at $20,000.00)
3. 2013 Ford Transit van from Crossroads Ford (valued at $21,000.00)
4. 2007 Honda Ridgeline from Flow Honda (valued at $16,000.00)
5. 2014 Honda Accord from Flow Honda (valued at $27,000.00)
6. 2013 Honda Civic from Flow Honda (valued at $19,000.00)
7. 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD stolen from The Budd Group (valued at $30,000.00)
8. 28 new tires stolen from Hendrick Honda (valued at $3,300.00)
9. Surround sound system stolen from Patterson Dodge (valued at $2,000.00)
This case continues to be an ongoing investigation. Anyone with information about this or similar crimes is asked to call the North Carolina Division of Motor Vehicles at 336-761-2286 or the Winston-Salem Police Department at (336)773-7700 or CrimeStoppers at (336)727-2800. En Español: (336) 728-3904."
- A Police Report