David Crawford to withdraw

David Crawford says he will drop out of the District 5 race for Greensboro City Council today. I talked to David earlier this evening, and he told me he's planning to move to High Point.

The news came to me in a cell phone message that was concise and eloquent by David's standards: "Talked it over with Tim and Brenda and Linda and Charlie all down at the Board of the Elections. I talked it over on Thursday and Friday, saying I might as well get out. There's no need to waste the taxpayers' money. There's no need to have a primary. There's no need to do none any of that crap. Give the other candidate a run for the money; he can focus on the other candidate. I think it's the manly thing, and I think it's the right thing to do. I told them I would come down on Monday and withdraw from the race."

The remaining contenders are incumbent Trudy Wade and challenger Art Boyett.


2 comments:

david said...

I would like to say think you all greensboro for you support over the years and jordan Green.

Jordan Green said...

Thanks, David. It shows a lot of class to withdraw from the race under the circumstances. I also appreciate the scoop.